Certifications and Accreditations
American Petroleum Institute
For more than 85 years, API has led the development of petroleum and petrochemical equipment and operating standards. The API maintains more than 500 standards and recommended practices and many have been incorporated into state and federal regulations. API's standards are increasingly being adopted by the International Organization for Standardization. (ISO)
- API-620 - Design & Construction of Large, Welded, Low Pressure Storage Tanks
- API-650 - Welded Tanks for Oil Storage
- Spec-12D - Field Welded Tanks for Storage of Production Liquids
- Spec-12F - Shop Welded Tanks for Storage of Production Liquids
- API-653 - Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
ASME has been setting the standard in personnel certification for over two decades. Acting by request of federal agencies, ASME provides particular industries with a uniform standard for evaluating professional competency. Nearly 3,000 professionals throughout North America have achieved these respected credentials for themselves, while bringing back to their sponsoring organizations best-practices for improving operational safety and efficiency.
- A - Assembly of Power Boilers
- H - Heating Boilers
- S - Manufacture and Assembly of Power Boilers
- PP - Fabrication and Assembly of Pressure Piping
- U - Manufacture of Pressure Vessels
R - Repairs and/or alterations of Boilers and Pressure vessels
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is the world’s largest developer of voluntary International Standards. International Standards give state of the art specifications for products, services and good practice, helping to make industry more efficient and effective. Developed through global consensus, they help to break down barriers to international trade.
ISO 9001/9002 are international standards which allow organizations to ensure quality management within their policies and procedures. ISO 9002 is part of the ISO 9000 family.